The TWC three way catalyst is an “environmental protection device” on the vehicle. In recent years, air pollution has been paid more and more attention to, and emission standards have become more demanding, and the three-way catalytic converter has become more important.inquiry
Let’s take a look at the brief introduction of TWC three way catalyst converter. To put it simply, the working principle of the TWC three way catalyst is to inhale harmful gases and spit out harmless gases.
The purification agent in the three-way catalytic converter will enhance the activity of the three gases CO, HC, and NOx in the exhaust gas of the car, and promote a certain oxidation-reduction reaction, which will eventually become a harmless gas.
The three-way catalytic converter is generally composed of a shell, a damping layer, a carrier, and a catalyst coating. Among them, rare metals such as Pt (platinum), Rh (rhodium), Pd (palladium), and rare earth metals including Ce (cerium) and La (lanthanum) are used in the material of the catalyst coating.
How can we extend the service life of the three-way catalytic converter?
• The most direct way is to clean it regularly. Generally, the recommended cleaning cycle is 40,000 to 50,000 kilometers.
• The oil selection should comply with the original vehicle regulations, and the oil level should not exceed the upper limit of the oil dipstick.
• The fuel should also be selected that meets the requirements of the vehicle. Do not run out of fuel in the fuel tank, and keep the fuel as sufficient as possible.
• Gasoline additives cannot use categories containing manganese and iron.
• Cannot use leaded gasoline, it will lead to lead poisoning.
• Check that the engine should be kept in a normal starting state.
• The mixture should not be too thick and the mixture should not be too thin.
• If there is a misfire fault code, check the cause in time.
• During vehicle maintenance, if the sealant used contains silicon, apply an appropriate amount to avoid silicon poisoning.
• If the vehicle consumes antifreeze, it must be overhauled in time.