Three-way catalytic converter (TWC), is widely used in modern automobile engines, uses catalysts containing platinum (Pt), palladium (Pd), rhodium (Rh) and other precious metals to convert NOX, HC, CO in the exhaust gas discharged by the engine into harmless N2, H2O and CO2 gases at its own temperature of 300 ~ 815 ℃, to purify the exhaust gas.inquiry
With the increasing awareness of environmental protection, automobile manufacturers have done a lot of research on emission control and purification of automobile engines. Therefore, modern cars have adopted a variety of emission control systems to reduce vehicle exhaust pollution.
Three way catalytic converter(TWC) uses catalysts containing platinum, palladium, rhodium, and other precious metals to convert NOX, HC, CO into harmless gases. The TWC can purify the exhaust gas. Therefore, it is widely used in modern automobile engines.
Installation position: the back of exhaust manifold, front of the muffler.
Composition: The structure of a 3-way catalytic converter is composed of a metal shell, heat insulation shock absorber liner, catalyst substrate, and catalyst.
1. Material: made of ceramic or metal;
2. Type: it can be divided into two types, granular and honeycomb;
3. Structure: in order to increase the actual contact area of the catalyst and the exhaust gas, improve the conversion efficiency, the platinum, palladium, and rhodium coating of the 3 way catalytic converter is attached to the very thin pore wall.
1. Platinum, palladium, rhodium, and other precious metals are easy to “poison”.
2. The three-way catalytic converter is mostly made into one with the exhaust pipe. When driving, try to choose good road conditions to avoid scraping the chassis, resulting in the fragmentation of the ceramic body and scrap.
3. Do not idle for a long time.
4. Engine abnormal maintenance as soon as possible, if the ignition system does not work well, the mixture can not completely burn, it is easy to lead to overheating of the exhaust pipe, so that the 3 catalytic converter failure, especially the lack of cylinder.
5. Improper cleaning of throttle, inlet, and combustion chamber will cause blockage and poisoning of the three-way catalytic converter.