The three-way catalytic converter is the most effective and commonly used vehicle purification device today. Through oxidation and reduction reactions, the three-way catalytic converter oxidizes carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons and reduces nitrogen oxides.inquiry
3 way catalytic converter is the equipment used in vehicle emission control systems. It reduces harmful exhaust emissions by converting toxic pollutants generated by vehicle combustion into less toxic gases.
• Nitrogen oxides (NOx) are reduced to nitrogen and oxygen.
NOx + CO → N2 + CO2
NOx + H2 → H2O + N2
• Carbon monoxide (CO) is oxidized to carbon dioxide.
CO + O2 → CO2
• Unburned hydrocarbons (HC) are oxidized to carbon dioxide and water.
H2 + O2 → H2O
HC + O2 → CO2 + H2O
• Idling for too long;
• The ignition time is too late;
• Individual cylinders fail to work due to fire;
• Difficulty in starting;
• The mixture is too thick;
• The engine burns oil;
• The oxygen sensor fails;
• The water temperature is too high due to poor heat dissipation.
• Whether the exhaust pipe has abnormal noise;
• Whether the exhaust pipe is cracked or the outer casing is flattened or damaged;
• Whether the exhaust tailpipe has catalyst particles discharged.
If the shell of the three-way catalytic converter is damaged or the exhaust tailpipe emits particles, it needs to be replaced.